Saturday, November 19, 2011

do you hear what I hear?

Today did not start out particularly well. I woke up at 6:30, looked at the clock, and thought blissfully to myself - my, how lovely it's Saturday and I can sleep until 7:30 so I am ready to go by 9:00 a.m. What a good morning. The next thing that came into my head was, Why is it so light out? I rolled over and looked at the clock again, and found the display reading 9:15. My hand immediately flew to my curlers and my mind to the issue of the people I was supposed to meet at 9:00, none of whose numbers were in my possession. Problem. I dashed around pulled on jeans and yanking curlers out left and right. Fool things didn't want to come out either! I was hiding in my apartment, pulling myself together, when a knock came at the door. I figured, half-dressed, it was not ideal to answer it and I woulds simply wait until they went away and then apologize on Monday. No such luck. They knocked again and again while I threw curlers madly and tried to find a clean shirt that didn't clash too hideously with my pants. Finally my phone rang, and on the second call I answered it.
So. embarassing. I am ashamed to admit that I did not talk them out of their assumption that I am a deep sleeper. I just went along with it - it was better than admitting that I couldn't answer the door because I had curlers in my hair and my pajamas on.
Anyways, long story short, they waited for me, so we all went to a craft fair where I found a gift for my sister's birthday and a lovely little wreath thing that is sooo cute and is hanging joyously in my living room now.
I also gave in, today, and listened to Christmas music. I've been resisting, stubbornly making myself wait, but I just was not strong enough anymore.
I also watched Elf, made chicken hotdish, and threw together a pumpkin dip to bring to my parents' for Thanksgiving. I had too much pumpkin and not enough cream cheese, so I added a bunch of cool whip - I think it turned out alright!
Tonight though - well let me just say, I fully intend on being asleep by 10:00. I will NOT sleep through another alarm. Tomorrow at least.

1 comment:

  1. I think you need one of those alarms that rolls until you get up and turn it off! If I wasn't married to a light sleeper, I would've bought one by now.

    ReplyDelete