Monday, August 29, 2011

Hedging My Bets

Well friends, today I really wished I had taken a picture with me in the car! There was a heavy morning fog which was a horror to drive through, but utterly lovely too, stretched out over the cornfields and little iconic farmhouses and infused with beams of sunlight - very gorgeous indeed.
I took a risk, though, that made the drive rather less enjoyable than it could have been: it's called the "I still have a quarter-tank-ish of gas, I should be able to make-it-ish to the main office and back" game. It's a decent game in the city, but not so much of a game in the country where the nearest gas station might be visible among the distant corn stalks but literally inaccessible due to those same distant corn stalks. I'm starting to develop a thing about corn.
I'm also developing a definite thing about that evil known as "paperwork". Signing up for health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as flex spending, retirement plans, income continuation, and all those whats-em thingamajigs they try to get you into is not quite a party. I will be soooo delighted when it's all done! Any ways, I just thought I'd whine a bit to you about life and all that. Me, I need to hop into my nice comfy bed and get some sleep, my vibrant personality is much more lovely in moonlight than dim dawn.
Tomorrow I promise to post about something more fascinating than my latest new-job woes - if only I had a connector cord for my camera I could show you my latest culinary and decorating exploits but alas, I don't even own one. But I'll think of something! For real!

No comments:

Post a Comment