Monday, October 10, 2011

Roadblock: sick

why is it that every time you (meaning the collective us) start something with determination (read: getting into shape - I got up at 6 and exercised and I ate five small meals and managed my hunger as well as fitting in vegetables), something rises up to get in the way?
I started having a sore throat this afternoon - I thought it was because I drank diet Cherry Pepsi and I am allergic to lots (but not all) cherry things, but it has persisted and been joined by a dry nose - you know the feeling where the sides of your face by your nose feel swollen and your nose is dry as dust inside? - and I have been pouring sweat despite not moving since dinner two hours ago.
Blech.
I plan to pull up my hair, put my pajamas on, put my glasses on, watch Hawaii five-0 and drink some chai tea and go to bed early.
What do you guys do to baby yourself or cure yourself when you're sick??
i hate being sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment