Sunday, October 9, 2011

Weekend Recap

Well I finally took the time to get some photos off my camera again - remember that recipe I gave you a link to awhile back, for the brownie in a mug? it's AMAZING. It looks like this:


I didn't have any cocoa like the recipe asked for, so I just made the batter with the peanut butter and threw in the chocolate chips and it worked out just fine - heavenly, in fact!

I had a blast at the wedding this weekend! There are no pictures however, because like a fool I neglected to bring my camera with me. Someday, I will get better at this. Of course someday, maybe I will have a camera that takes decent pictures.

I got pretty adventurous tonight: first, I went on a super fun website that offers a great window into your fashion - awesome for those of us who are what you might call "not gifted" in the whole fashion thing.
I also concocted my own recipe to use up the eggplant I purchased specifically to teach myself how to make eggplant.

I cut half the eggplant into slices and tossed them in a frying pan with some tomatoes, a little olive oil, and some garlic salt
 I browned the eggplant, and while I was doing that I toasted an English muffin from the good old IGA store.
 After the eggplant was well-browned, I layered half of the tomatoes on each half of the English muffin and topped those with slices of the eggplant. I sprinkled a little more olive oil on, and then added mozzarella cheese over the top of them.
 I did have to throw them in the microwave to finish melting the cheese, but overall they were pretty good. I can't say I adore the texture of the eggplant but I can deal with it, and this was a tasty and healthy meal. Of course I had to finish it off with the world's best gift to man.
Aldi's brand my friends. It will change your life.

Anyways, that's all the news I think. Got any updates from your weekend?? Hope it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment