Monday, September 19, 2011

One of Those Lovely Things

Know what I like? Fall! and I am so happy it's here, and so incredibly happy that I got to spend about four hours of today out driving. Are the roads twisty, windy, crazily out of order and not the least bit like the city? yes. Was I utterly terrified of running over some poor little Amish family in their buggy, or plowing over a cow, or skidding off the road into a massive cornfield? yes. Was it absolutely beautiful, with the sun shining and the fields full of harvest and the trees just beginning to show their colors. Yes, yes, yes.

Also, I would just like you to know, that I started a book yesterday, and I am super excited about it. Not reading (Though I am reading one too obviously, because I'm never not - I'm reading Bleak House, mostly because I'm determined to, though it's been reasonably entertaining too) - I'm writing one. And it's different than my others, not a riproaring action filled plot to be found. It's about working with the elderly and my many hilarious, heart-breaking and life-changing memories of my three years as a staff member in an assisted living. It's hard writing it though, because real life often eludes the perfect phrase.

Oh, and that story I promised?? Not gonna happen till tomorrow. I got off work late and I am staaaarving to death.  Love you friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment